Friday, May 24, 2013

In the name of JESUS


The ring tone on my phone is Chris Tomlin’s “In the name of Jesus” and when I got the call from the doctor today that rang loud in my ears!
Here is how we spent our last 24 hours:

Esther had to have an MRI yesterday morning where she had to be put to sleep so that she would stay completely still for the hour long scan.  They weren’t able to get her into a
facility nearby so I had to go to a place an hour away – that meant leaving by 5:45am and keeping food and drinks away from this girl that wakes up ready to eat.  Surprisingly she never even whined for anything – even while I was at Starbucks getting coffee (I know I know that was cruel – don’t judge me). Once they put her to sleep with gas they began to try to start an IV – that took them 30 minutes.  This poor girl has horrible veins and her skin is SO dark you can’t see anything so it is all by feel.  We had a crazy experience with a very adoption uneducated anesthesiologist that I felt like I had to set straight (to no avail) this same Dr. told us “maybe she isn’t deaf maybe it’s just selective hearing loss like my husband and grandparents have.” – OH MY.

The rest of the staff was amazing.  Our nurse had a HUGE heart for Haiti and had worked on several mission teams in the area of our orphanage and on children from our orphanage.  She showed me a pic of an amazing girl she worked with when she was there and asked it I knew her.  Well indeed I did – it was Jenn Schenk of Second Mile Ministries (you should check them out they are truly amazing and doing great work).secondmilehaiti.com

Fast forward to today – we were at swim lessons and I received a phone call from the nurse at our pediatrician”s office.  She asked if I could head right in and get blood drawn for Esther.  Doc saw something on her MRI that concerned her.  When we arrived I found out the doctor would be the drawing the blood.  I told them how difficult it was going to be and I was RIGHT. It took many tries but the staff was so great with Esther.  The doctor said her bone marrow showed something that they needed to look at because it could be chronic anemia or even early signs of Leukemia - she just wanted to be upfront and honest with me.  Doctor was worried(I could see it in her face)  and sent the blood work off STAT.  She claimed over Esther that this was not Leukemia and then said she would call me this afternoon AS SOON as the results came back.

Waiting 5 hours seemed like forever but I had a total peace about what was happening.  I had friends ALL over the nation praying for Esther and for a miracle.
Then I heard the ring:
“In the name of Jesus there is life and healing, chains are broken in your name”
Dr. Terry was on the other end of the line rejoicing by the lab results.  It was truly a miracle.  There were no signs of leukemia and better yet – what the MRI showed was not detectable and she might be borderline anemic but not enough to even treat!  THE ONLY EXPLANATION IS A MIRACLE!!!!  We will get a second opinion and recheck her in a few weeks but for now we KNOW God is in the business of miracles!

Thanks for praying!
Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment