Thursday, December 13, 2012

Pa rum pum pum pum


Sitting all alone in a hotel room should be very relaxing but I am anxious and jittery with the silence. I thrive on the chaos my home provides. As I am typing this blog my two little ones are home with their big sister and they are both naked and sitting in time out and that’s all I got of that story! I am more than blessed to have a daughter that can run the home just like I do, in my absence, even in the craziness of nakedness (I can only imagine how this played out)!

My travel today is not to Haiti – as much as that would be my perfect day.  However, it is a trip to “defend the fatherless.”  While I would like to be on a plane picking up my daughter, I will spend my time waiting for her by being productive and proactive in helping those orphans that are right here in my own back yard.

Today I am in our states capitol trying to help make a difference in the lives of kids aging out of foster care.  Although the work is difficult, often times it’s extremely discouraging and the pay is -well we won’t go there- we have to press on and be a voice for this unseen population of kids.  http://vimeo.com/55117111

This week has been such a blessing in so many ways.  I have had the opportunity to speak to a few women’s groups in our area and share my program and my ministry. One of those groups was at my home church and it was awesome to share with my own people! I was privileged to be part of group that is working together to help alleviate poverty in our community and get to be in our state’s capitol to meet with people that are in the trenches serving kids every day as well as meet with a well known Christian author and orphan advocate who is wanting to dive into the world of “aging out” kids!



Me and my drum!
All that being said, it helps pass the time so I am not constantly thinking about a little girl that is 1818 miles away needing her mommy.  We got news today that she has been issued a passport and her paperwork is now in the hands of the US Embassy.  Our next step will be a medical exam for Esther (please pray for that – it’s easy on the little ones) and then she will be issued a Visa so we can bring her home (of course there are other steps but this is the adopt from Haiti for dummies version).  

Your prayers and support through this process have been such a blessing and they are felt all the way in Haiti.  Our case has moved along very fast (I know it doesn’t seem fast) compared to many, many others that are waiting and I know it is because we have prayed, from the beginning, for people to see miracles and for many to have the opportunity to see Christ through Esther’s adoption.  As much as I want to bring her home I want as many people as possible to be reached for Christ before that happens.  I can’t wait to share with her how God used her, just like Esther in the Bible, “for such a time as this.”

“He rescues and saves his people; he performs miraculous signs and wonders in the heavens and on earth…..” Dan. 6:27

Please continue to pray for our journey and our funding.  We are currently needing about $1500 for our final trip and then $850 for her US adoption.  If you want to make a year end tax deductible donation let me know and we can work that out for you and you can also pay from the Paypal button on the right of this page!

Blessings,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment